Monday, November 25, 2013

Reflections and Resolutions

I am in shock that it is almost December.  Which means I'm almost 26. And means Lincoln is now almost 15 months old.  And means its almost 2014.  Where did the year go?!?  When did I get so old?!?  When did my baby turn in to a crazy, house-destroying, tornado of a toddler??

I am becoming a believer in what everyone older than me has always told me: that time only speeds up.  I feel like so much has changed and is changing everyday in my life and especially in the life of the afore-mentioned tornado, and I feel like a go to sleep at night and all of a sudden 6 months has passed like it was only a week!  It makes me a little sad to realize all the little details of things that I have forgotten, and the more I will forget as time goes on.  

Which is why it is my 2014 New Years Resolution (starting NOW- are you proud of me for jumping on the resolution wagon so early??) to take a second NOW to write down and remember the little things - the funny things Lincoln says or does, the things he destroys / gets in to that mayyyy make me want to cry and / or check myself in to the loony bin now but will (hopefully) make me laugh when I look back on them, and  all the general craziness that is our everyday life so that I can remember it tomorrow, next week, next December and all the Decembers after that.  

So here is the first of hopefully many posts to come (I know, I know, you've heard that before from me....) but this is my NEW YEARS RESOLUTION dang it!  And I ALWAYS keep those.  (Just pretend like I gave up diet coke and candy in 2013 okay??)  So here's to a well documented 2014!  

And just so this blog post wasn't a total waste of your time to read....here is a super awkward family photo for your viewing pleasure. :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment